Solange studied at the University of Buenos Aires completing a program inclusive of architecture, agricultural science and landscape architecture, with a final thesis in “Healing Gardens”. Solange will provide landscape architecture services as the primary local landscape architect. Solange’s design background focuses on integrating process-design with the ecological concepts and educational opportunities for master planning and landscape design.
She has worked in both private, public and non-profit organization design environments on community, educational, and agricultural projects. Solange is the principal of Serquis + Associates as well as a very active participant in the community. With Spanish as her first language and English her second, Solange works passionately assisting numerous social-kids-educational-friendly events where she merges her knowledge and activism for educational landscapes and the relationship between indoor-outdoor spaces with her desire to help the young.
Successful designs should engage the environment, have fluency among history, land forms and architecture, express rhythm with textures and interest among the seasons. We believe there is a close connection between balancing human needs and preserving what nature has given us to enjoy, and that beautiful surroundings nourish the human spirit. We are passionate about communities, whether they be rural or urban settings. We truly understand the social impact where clear landscape design helps connection between community and peoples, where they relate to and learn from the natural and built environment. We create multi-disciplinary teams, including the client, catering to each and every project to form think tanks that inspire ideas that are most appropriate to the site and users.
Our organic process is part of our lives, our family is part of our inspiration…
In her work as a landscape architect and developer, Solange connects the public with communities and spaces where they can learn, enjoy, observe, and heal. She focuses on respecting, reclaiming, or creating a habitat using a natural palette of materials, as well as utilizing paths and destinations to link indoor and outdoor spaces.
Solange says her optimism and positivity are important components of her work: she believes anything is possible to start, and nothing is worth giving up on. Though she’s currently focused on local Santa Fe projects, Solange carries inside her a big international soul that is ready to create many more spaces where communities can thrive.
Solange’s mission is to inspire the public, the city, and her family through her design and development work. She draws her own inspiration from a childhood spent largely outdoors, and wants to help others be surrounded by nature on as many levels as possible.
- 2018 – Haciendas Parade of Homes Awards – Best Outdoor Living Space & Grand Hacienda
- 2015 – US Representative at Japan’s World Flower Garden Show
- 2011 – Haciendas Parade of Homes Awards – Best Outdoor Living Space
- 2011 – Design Competition Winners – 2nd Place Winner
- 2011 – LIHTC Design Competition – 2nd place winner
- 2003 – HGTV – Landscapers Challenge in Cerrillos NM
- 2000 – Urban Planning Design, national contest Railyard Park, Buenos Aires -25 acres- 1st prize Master+Schematic Design
- 2000 – Tierras Caballit BA
- Multiple Residential Design Awards
- Oct. 16, 2011 – The New Mexican, E-1 “Offering community, affordability” by Flo Barnes
- Autumn 2012 – SuCasa Magazine, vol. 18, No.4, page 41-42, “Creative collaboration” by Alicia Kellogg
- 2009 – “Diseño de Jardines” book – Garden on the desert chapter, Editorial Albatros, Argentinian edition
Volunteer Task Force in NM
- Presenter at Careers & Curiosity in Math and Science – 2011 fair for Agua Fria Elementary, Careers & Curiosity in Math and Science is an elementary school career fair with women presenters who use math and science in their jobs.
- Registered Landscape Architect, New Mexico, No. 449
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architecture, ASLA
- Member, International Federation of Landscape Architects, IFLA
- Native Plant Society
- Member, The Natural Teachers Network